Many brides dream of their bridal shower. The classic bridal shower was held in the spring or early summer, and would be a light luncheon or a tea. It was pretty much the same just about everywhere you went. Today’s bridal showers are much different! You’ll find today’s bridal showers are just as individual and unique as the brides.
But the biggest challenge in planning a bridal shower is trying to decide what type of bridal shower to hold. Where once only one type of bridal shower was “perfect,” now there are so many choices! Take our quiz to discover your (as a bride) or your friend’s (the bride) Bridal Shower Style to plan the best bridal shower ever!
The perfect vacation for you is:
- A romantic getaway to Paris with your sweetie
- A weekend getaway with friends to Las Vegas or another hotspot
- Renting a beach house with another couple
- You’ll just “go with the flow,” the perfect vacation and destination will come!
You have an extra $100. You…
- Take your sweetie out for an evening at the theatre
- Buy that little black dress you’ve had your eye on, or a great pair of shoes
- Get steaks for the grill and plan a BBQ with family and friends
- Do the first thing that inspires you, buy jewelry, donate to charity, go out somewhere fun!
You’re getting a new pet. Your pet is…
- A faithful and loyal Golden Retriever
- This year’s most popular breed dog you’ve seen every celebrity get
- A German Sheppard puppy. You’re good at taking care of animals.
- You’re not sure, you’ll see what they have at the pet store/animal shelter
Tally up your results!
Mostly A’s: You’re a Romantic & Traditional Bridal Shower
This bride will especially appreciate a bridal shower that focuses on love & romance. She’s very excited about the wedding, because she’s marrying her sweetie and probably talks about him often. If she’s registered for bridal shower gifts, they are probably gifts that she can enjoy with her sweetie – not just things she can use on her own.
Mostly B’s: You’re a Trendsetting & Trendwatching Bridal Shower
For this bride what will please her most is having a bridal shower that is modern and fun, probably one that has details that you’ve seen in popular celebrity and style magazines. She has sophisticated tastes even if she doesn’t live in a big city, and will enjoy food that goes beyond a simple tea and sandwiches shower – try serving sake and sushi for something unique!
Mostly C’s: You’re a Jack & Jill or “Couple’s” Bridal Shower
One of today’s most popular bridal shower trends is the Jack & Jill shower, a wedding shower for couples. If a bride truly enjoys being with her sweetie and doing mostly “couple” things more than anything, she would probably appreciate a fun Jack & Jill shower. There are many things you can do to adapt this theme.
Mostly D’s: You’re an Adaptable Bridal Shower
Some brides are super particular about every last detail. This bride is likely to be very easy going, and will be pleased to get together with friends and family to celebrate her bridal shower. Don’t worry so much about small details like monogrammed napkins or table decorations with this bride. She’s going to be more focused on spending time with the people she loves.